Friday, September 24, 2010

9 books down, 349 days to go!!!

I finished another book!  Yay!  Though I'm not reading nearly enough lately...
So, I read Marked, the first book of the House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast.  Zoey is an average teenager until she is marked as a fledgling vampyre.  Now she must leave her old life behind and create a new one in the House of Night, a, well, high school for vampyres to prepare them for the Change.  But Zoey is different than any other fledgling, and, now that she's been chosen by Nyx, she has to figure out what she was chosen to do...
This book was okay, but the climax happened a little too fast.  I liked the Greek and Wiccan, and Native American, illusions that filled the book, along with random facts from pop culture.  It took a while to fully understand what was happening, but once I got it, I thought the concept was awesome, if not exaggerated. Now I'll start working on the rest of this series...
There is a giant mushroom in Oregon that is over 2,400 years old, covers 3.4 square miles of land, and is still growing!
9 books down, 349 days to go! Love from Justi!

No comments:

Post a Comment