Wednesday, June 9, 2010

148 books down, 70 days to go!

148 books down, 70 days to go!

Hey All!  I finished Deadly Little Secret and Ghostgirl.
Deadly Little Secret is about a girl named Camelia who falls for the new boy Ben who happened to save her life and also has a reputation for killing his ex.  But Camelia can't help but fall closer and closer towards him, right as she starts getting frightening phone calls, mysterious gifts, and pictures of herself.  She has a stalker.  But even when Ben begs to help Camelia stay safe, she has her doubts about him.  But it turns out he's no normal killer.  He is an innocent young boy with psychometry powers, which means he can tuch things and see their past or future.  But the notes and calls turn to threats, saying horrible things about Camelia that make no sense.  She becomes enveloped in danger, but will Ben be the one harming, or the one who will save her?  I loved this book so much I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN (warning I guess).
Ghostgirl was pretty terrible.  It's basically about a girl who dies (and has a sick mind feeding off of popularity and would kill to be part of "the in crowd") but even when she is dead she is trying to be popular.  Awful.  In fact, this is the beginning of the book review for Barnes and Nobel (I do not why I bought this book- I guess I saw it in lots of adds for being the new "it" book because it was so funny- it wasn't funny!)
Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

And if I should die before I awake,

I pray the popular attend my wake.

Pearls melt in vinegar.

Love, Elizabeth S.

No comments:

Post a Comment