Wednesday, November 10, 2010

38 books down, 302 days to go...

Hi!  Okay, so technically I've read two books, but one Elizabeth already blogged about, so I'm ignoring that one.  The other is A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.  Okay.  I hate Dickens.  The only reason I read this is because of Honors English 10.  Now, don't get me wrong.  The first paragraph is great, and the ending is bittersweet.  But the actual story takes forever.  Yeah, if you don't have to read this, I'd say go with Shakespeare instead.  It's easier to understand than Dickens.
For those who don't know the plot, the French Revolution is about to start in France.  With it comes the Guillotine, the newest device to behead people with.  The plot is actually pretty complicated...the two cities are London, England, and Paris, France...Yeah, I thought that this story would have been better without the page long paragraphs that Dickens felt the need to add in to bore us to death...just my opinion, though.
Love from Justi!

No comments:

Post a Comment