Thursday, March 10, 2011

106 books down, 142 days to go...

Five more books for Justi.  Where are my cousins?  Ah!
Dead Connection was an okay read.  A fast ending, in my opinion, and I thought it was more of a mystery novel than a supernatural thriller, but, oh well.  A kid can talk to graves.  Fun, huh?  Until he gets caught up in a murder mystery...
The Penultimate Peril, second to last in A Series of Unfortunate Events.  So close to done!  And, of course, the mystery keeps on thickening!  I love this series...written for a younger audience, but easy to enjoy, along with interesting concepts and references I'm sure the older audience will enjoy.
Immortal Beloved was written by the author that got me interested in Wicca, Kate Tiernan.  Something like that.  Anyway, more Wiccan concepts, along with immortality and romance--always fun.  A great read, and I  can't wait for the next book in the series!
The Dragon's Eye and The Monsters of Otherness are the first two books in the Erec Rex series.  If you're interested in magic intertwined with pop culture and cell phones, this would be your series.  If not...it isn't the greatest.  Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad, but the writing style is far from great.  The plot has trouble holding; it's the concepts that keep me reading these books.
So, love from Justi!

No comments:

Post a Comment